Father, today, beyond the things around us, let us see into the future, to what you have purposed for us; because “Unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given.” Broaden our vision, precious Lord, far beyond singing Christmas Carols; far beyond talking about baby Jesus. We have to look beyond, to that which you have purposed for us to be in a kingdom that has no end.
God, this morning, I pray that you will impart to our hearts and bring to us the reality that you gave Jesus to us that we might take your kingdom to the nations.
Jesus we exalt your name. Reveal yourself to us this morning. Give us a new hope for that which you have purposed for this world. We give you glory for it. Bring it Father, as you would choose to do it. Give us ears to hear and a heart to receive and obey. We exalt you, Lord Jesus and Precious Father. We thank you Precious Spirit of God, this day to bring this word to us. Give to us your understanding, your counsel and your direction.
We thank you now, Lord Jesus, for the commemoration of your birth. We thank you for that which you have purposed for us for time and eternity. In your wonderful name we ask it.
Luke 2: 1. “And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world, should be taxed.
2. ([And] this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3. And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12. And this [shall be] a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17. And when they had seen [it], they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18. And all they that heard [it] wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19. But Mary kept all these things, and pondered [them] in her heart.
20. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21. And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
22. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present [him] to the Lord;
23. (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
24. And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, a pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
25. And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name [was] Simeon; and the same man [was] just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
27. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
28. Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
29. Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
30. For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
31. Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
32. A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
33. And Joseph and his mother marveled at those things which were spoken of him.
34. And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this [child] is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
35. (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
36. And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
37. And she [was] a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served [God] with fastings and prayers night and day.
38. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
I want to go back to the angels here. This description the angel gave and the awesome-ness of the declaration that He made to the shepherds about Jesus: “And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
I want you to see something; there was a declaration. “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” He could have said, “Which is Christ,” but He said, “Christ the Lord.” He’s not only our Saviour, but our Lord. We’re going to go to the 9th chapter of Isaiah. I feel like God wants to do some imparting to us this morning. He wants to reveal himself to us in such a way that we will have ears to hear and a heart to receive and obey. I want to read it to you. He’s talking about certain areas around Jordan and Galilee, about the nation.
Isaiah 9: 1. “Nevertheless the dimness [shall] not [be] such as [was] in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict [her by] the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2. The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light.”
Where was he born? Bethlehem! Where did He live? Galilee of the nations!
“The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. Thou hast multiplied the nation,” Now He’s talking about a particular nation. He’s talking about a nation that is a holy nation, a righteous nation. “Thou hast multiplied the nation, [and] not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, [and] as [men] rejoice when they divide the spoil.”
He’s making a holy nation. He is putting in you, Christ the Lord. Who is in you? Jesus the Savior and Jesus our Lord! Why is He doing this? He is giving the people in darkness, a great light. They have seen a great light. They dwell in the land with the shadow of death and upon them and this light shined. God has multiplied the nation.
What’s He doing now throughout the whole world? He is gathering a people for what purpose: to go to heaven? No! Where are we supposed to go to the nations and who is going to take us to the nations? Our Savior, Our Lord and the Son of righteousness the King of glory! “Thou hast multiplied the nation, [and] not increased the joy.” Why isn’t it increased for joy? Because we’re coming into a harvest! Before the harvest comes you are rejoicing over the harvest until you see it. You can’t say, “Here we are, it’s harvest time.” We haven’t seen the harvest; we don’t know how great the harvest is. He says, “There’s not any joy in it; but they’re preparing for the harvest.” The Lord said; “Thou hast multiplied the nation, [and] not increased the joy…” They joy before thee according to the joy in harvest.
How exciting is it when God begins to gather the nations. What are you going to do? Act like nothing is happening? I don’t think so! I think the joy of the harvest is what men do when they divide the spoil.
We are in a new generation, in a new century and a new beginning with God. Verses 3 and 4 say: “Thou hast multiplied the nation, [and] not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, [and] as [men] rejoice when they divide the spoil. 4. For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.”
Yes, we remember that little babe in a manger; but we’re looking beyond. We’re seeing the century that our Savior and our Lord is preparing for the harvest. We talk about what our churches have done, but it’s a drop in the bucket. We’ve hardly touched it; because man did it his way. God says, “Thou hast broken the yoke of His burden, the staff of his shoulder, and the rod of his oppressor, as in the days of Midian. For every battle of the warrior [is] with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but [this] shall be with burning [and] fuel of fire.”
God is going into the nations and He’s going in with a fury. He is going to destroy the powers of Satan and the wicked and bring a mighty, consuming fire of the Holy Ghost to the nations. He said, “This shall be with burning and fuel of fire.” In this next verse, why is there a ‘for’ there? “But this shall be with burning and fuel of fire. For unto us a child is born.”
Isn’t that a strange combination? The angels rejoiced to the shepherds. They praised God. The Word says, “Lo the angel of the Lord came upon them and the glory of the Lord shown round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said, “…fear not: …I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord… and suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of heavenly host praising God, and saying Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace on earth and good will toward men.”
What is He declaring? Now, He’s declaring unto us, “… this shall be not with blood and confusion, but shall be with burning and fuel and fire. For unto us a child is born unto us a Son is given.” Now He’s coming into another age. What is He saying? We need to see this picture as God is giving it to us! Unto us this child was born. Unto us this Son was given; for what purpose?
“And the government shall be upon His shoulder and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Of the increase of [his] government and peace there shall be no end.” Why do we sit like we are paupers? Why do we sit like we don’t have anything inside of us? Why do we act like we aren’t Christians? Do we realize what God gave to us? Do we realize that we don’t have to sit in defeat? Shame on us!
Christ is sitting upon the throne of David, to order it. What is God doing now? He is ordering it. For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given. He’s talking to us. Unto us He’s given this child. Unto us He’s given this Son for the harvest. “Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David,” and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice.
Today, ever in this world as never in the history of man, His judgment is sweeping this earth. Never in the history of this world have we seen what we are seeing now: His judgment and His justice, because God permitted man to make his choices until God says, “It’s enough.” He gave man a free will to choose the way to go; but He said, “Choose good life, choose blessings. I set before you life and death, choose life. I set before you good and evil, choose good. I set before you blessings and cursings, choose blessings.” We have chosen our own way.
We have defied God in America! We don’t want the President to lay his hand on the Holy Word to be sworn in. God said, “That’s enough now, I’m going to order it and I’m going to establish my kingdom in man.” The increase in His government there shall be no end. Do you want to belong to this group or do you want to go out of here to what we see in the world today. We all need to realize that God is before us in this century now to choose that which is good. Choose the right thing and not the evil. God is putting it straight before us in this hour. Of His kingdom there is no end.
Do we really belong to His kingdom? What is the purpose of this kingdom on this earth now? It’s a harvest! We don’t seem to realize it and the joy isn’t there. Wait until the harvest. God is going to bring the harvest through this child that was born unto us that He gave to us.
I read in the meeting the other night what Kim Clement gave over TBN and how God said, “I’m talking over America.” God spoke to me while I was in Canada. I heard a loud voice saying, “Now is come salvation and strength and the kingdom of our God and the power of His Christ.” Do you know you belong in a kingdom that isn’t going to have an end, a kingdom that shall be forever, that will go to the nations?
God is doing the declaring as the angels did the declaring in the heavens. He’s going to declare it to the earth and they’re going to hear it like the shepherds heard it on the hillside. They’re going to hear it in that manner. It’s not going to be a little bit of Christians going in there talking about their Lord, because the Lord himself is going to declare who He is. And the zeal of the Lord will perform it. You’re not going over there with your proud self. You won’t have a chance to show your pride, because Jesus is going to show His power. It is He that hath redeemed the world. It is He who’s going to the nations.
But today unto us a child is born. Unto us a Son is given. It is the same child I read about in Luke. It’s a whole different story in Isaiah 9. He is the King of glory; He is going to the harvest. He’s going to bring the harvest to the Father. If we realize that this child was born unto us and that this Son was given unto us. He has established His kingdom in us so that He Himself can go to the nations. And He Himself can declare to the nations His kingdom is come and His will is going to be done in earth as it is in heaven.
Can we see what He’s talking about? Can we hear it? Can we understand it and take it within us and say, “Lord you are speaking to us.” There are several things that need to happen to us. We need to allow God to take the world, the devil and flesh, out of us and put His love there; because the people that are going to the nations are going in His love. They’re going to go with His provision. The angels are going to be there in all their glory.
He’s gathering the harvest. What a rejoicing as we see the harvest. The joy of the Lord is our strength. In the midst of the battle we remember of His kingdom there is no end. He was born unto us. This was prophesied in Isaiah 9. It not only says He was born, it says that He has a kingdom and that He is the king of this kingdom and He is going to the nations to gather the harvest. He is going to use a righteous nation.
I’m going to give you another scripture in Isaiah 26:
1. In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will [God] appoint [for] walls and bulwarks.
2. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
3. Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.
4. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH [is] everlasting strength:
5. For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, [even] to the ground; he bringeth it [even] to the dust
6. The foot shall tread it down, [even] the feet of the poor, [and] the steps of the needy.
7. The way of the just [is] uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just.
8. Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of [our] soul [is] to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
9. With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments [are] in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
12. LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us. O LORD our God, [other] lords beside thee have had dominion over us: [but] by thee only will we make mention of thy name.
13. [They are] dead, they shall not live; [they are] deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.”
That’s what He wants to do with every one of us. He wants to get rid of it all. “For thou has increased the nation, oh Lord.” Thou are glorified and thou has removed it to the ends of the earth.” Why has He removed this righteous nation to the ends of the earth? To bring all nations unto Him! God is preparing it now. We have to be prepared to be that righteous nation through which He can go to the nations.
I read you this because you need to understand we are now living in this hour. We’re not back there thousands of years ago. We’re living right now in the time of harvest of the nations. Where do we fit in, what does God want to do with us? He’s calling out a righteous nation and this nation is run by Him and ruled by Him. He orders it, He establishes it and He brings it to pass and the zeal of the Lord of Hosts will perform this. “For in Bethlehem of Judah a baby was born.” A savior was born to the whole world to all people.
I had some statistics I wish I had brought in this morning. I want you to realize the seriousness of the day that we’re living in. He said forget the things that are past. We’re in a new beginning. Whose kingdom are you in this morning? We need to praise and worship and exhort Him. He didn’t choose the wise, He chose the redeemed. This morning He’s showing us that “…of His Kingdom there will be no end.” The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
I want to go to Malachi a moment. This is talking about this day. God is declaring war against the wicked, the evil one and everything he stands for. I think you know in Psalms chapter 2 it shows the world doesn’t want God or His anointed. They’re going to run the nation their way. God said, “O.k.” But He’s laughing at them because He has a time and that time is now.
We’re not just preaching and teaching the word we’re giving you the word of the Lord. It’s not a sermon by me, I didn’t plan it. I’m one that speaks the word of the Lord. I want to read this.
Malachi 4: 1. “For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do [this], saith the LORD of hosts.”
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform it. Don’t look back, because what God’s doing now, you can’t compare with anything. So get rid of your past and know you’re living in the present, in Him who is the King of Glory. Amen. For the zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform it.
Are we going to let Him perform it or are we going to carry our garbage around and drag it with us. We aren’t going anywhere unless we’re free to move by the Spirit of God. I want to read this.
If you own one Bible you are abundantly blessed. One third of the world doesn’t have access to one. It would at least be a billion or more. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you’re more blessed than the million who will not survive this week. If you’ve never experienced the danger of battle, loneliness and imprisonment the agony of torture or pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
There’s one thing that concerns me at Sommer Haven: it’s God’s bountiful provision. It disturbs me because I don’t know how many people really appreciate it. I don’t know if we are grateful to God for this provision that God has so bountifully bestowed upon us. Our hearts have to be right and we have to be grateful for everything we don’t have now.
When you can give to 50,000 people, that is a mighty powerful blessing, isn’t it? If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, you’re more blessed than 3 billion people in the world. If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you’re richer than 75% of the world. If you have money in your wallet and spare change in your dish somewhere, you are among the top 8% of the wealthy.
That should shake us up a bit. If you hold your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed; because the majority can, but most don’t. If you prayed yesterday and today, you are in the majority because you believe God does hear and answer pray. If you can read this message you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world who can’t read at all.
We are honored by the Lord. We have a beautiful school. Our children are privileged to go to this school to learn the very best there is in the world. Over 2 billion people in the world can’t read. We need to get some deep appreciation inside of us of the mighty provision of our God. If you believe in Jesus as the Son of God and as your personal Savior, you are blessed as being part of God’s family who possess eternal life and of His kingdom that has no end. We belong to that kingdom. We’re honored by it and we need to cherish it and allow nothing in us that would prevent us from being able to be that righteous nation.
We that are going to the nations must be filled with His love. Stop and think before you speak. I think we should stop and count to ten if we need to. We need to realize that God’s love bears up with everything. I’d like to read one more scripture Corinthians 13, “The perfecting of the saints.” What is the perfecting of the saints? As we read this we can see our flesh sticking out loud and strong. What does the Lord want to do with it?
1. Cor. 13:1. “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2. And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4. Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6. Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7. Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8. Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.”
The Spirit of Truth has come to this world and this is a very serious time. The Lord told me in 1954 that the day would come when He would send the Spirit of the Truth to the churches. That day is now! There’s such turmoil because of the beliefs of the people. The truth has to prevail in every church; because God’s Spirit of Truth has come and if they reject it they will go forever into deception.
The Spirit of Truth is here. We’re no longer going to get it in part; we’re going to get it in truth. What we do with the truth is going to determine what we do with it in the future. “But then shall I know even as I am known.” This is the hour when this is come to us and that which is in part is being done away with. He is bringing the Spirit of Truth and we have to have it and live in it and abide by it. “Then shall I know even as I am known.” “Now abideth faith, hope, and love and the greatest of these is love.”
It’s God’s love that’s going to the nations and it’s not your planning. It’s God’s love that’s going to the nations and with that love will be His provision and His glory. The angels are going to be there and the glory of the Lord is going to be manifested to the nations; but we can’t go with junk in our lives. We have to go filled with His love, His provision, His glory.
We have seen the provision of God here for 46 years and I give Him glory for it. We need to especially praise Him today and exalt His name for this word He gave from His heart to you. This is our Savior who is also our Lord.
Psalm 24:1 “The earth [is] the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4. He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6. This [is] the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who [is] this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift [them] up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he [is] the King of glory. Selah.”
Where is He going to come into? Open up your gates and when He comes in He’s going to take us to the nations with His love, His provision and His glory. We can only go if we are filled with His love and if you know He’s the provider and He provides everything. This is the word of the Lord for this generation. I didn’t give you stories I gave you His word which declares the truth.
Father, we thank you for this word. We thank you for bringing us from the baby Jesus to this hour that unto us a child is born, a Son is given and of this kingdom there is no end. Oh, mighty Christ, we thank you for this hour that you have chosen for us to live. We thank you for everyone in this service. We thank you, Jesus. Oh, King of Glory, we open our gates.
December 24, 2000