Welcome to today’s second message! What a record…the record of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, made of no reputation for us. Praise God! We pray this message stirs your heart as it has stirred ours!
“This Record Is Of His Son”
Father, we thank you that you so loved the world that you gave your only Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Mighty God, we pray for our government, our President and all the leaders of our nation; be with those in the Senate and shield their hearts and their lives that they may rule. We praise you for what you are doing in Iraq and what you are going to do in these other countries; because the earth belongs to you and you are the one that created it. We thank you that the enemy is not going to win because you are going to show the world who you are.
We are expecting the King of Glory to arise, the Son of Righteousness, to come forth; we believe that your word is going to come to pass. We are rejoicing, today! God reigns and Jesus is supreme over this world.
God, I am asking you to deal with every Christian that is called by your name, to arise and declare to America and to the world you can’t take God out of America. Lord, we just ask you to cause these nations to wake up and realize that if we can’t acknowledge God in America, we won’t acknowledge Him in heaven; because we will never make it to heaven.
God I am asking you to lay on the heart of every Christian that God does have America. If we will give Him the privilege of leading the world, He will do it. I am asking you to speak to those that are called by your name, to stand up and be counted in America and the world that the nations might know who you are; that we might let the whole world know that we trust in the Lord.
God speak to our hearts, for we so often go day by day, not realizing who you are. This day I ask you to speak to our hearts. This is the word you want us to have that we glorify the Father and that your will might be done in each one of our lives. We thank you for this day.
We ask that you cover this nation and wipe out the evil and bring forth your will. We give you glory! If the church will do this you will show the world who you are. It is time for us to realize that God must have us declare that we can’t take God out of America.
We thank you, Lord, and we ask your blessings upon these precious ones this morning. Give us the word that brings glory and honor to your name. We praise you Jesus, in your wonderful name.
Turn to Deuteronomy 30:9. “And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:
- If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, [and] if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
- For this commandment which I command thee this day, it [is] not hidden from thee, neither [is] it far off.
- It [is] not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
- Neither [is] it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the
sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
- But the word [is] very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
- See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
- In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
- But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
- I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, [and that] ye shall not prolong [your] days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to
- I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
- That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.”
Turn to 1st John 5:1. “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
- By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
- For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
- For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.
- Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- This is he that came by water and blood, [even] Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
- And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
- If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
- He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12. He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
- These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
- And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
- If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
- All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
- We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
- [And] we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
- And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
- Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.”
When I was reading Deuteronomy 30, many years ago, God brought me again to 1st John because in this record the 11th verse says that it is the record that God has given. I want to go to the 10th verse:
10 “He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his on.” 19 “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, [and] that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
He said, “If we reject this record we are rejecting Jesus.” He said, “You don’t have to go to heaven or overseas He’s in our hearts.” He is talking about Jesus; He’s talking about that record. “Cleave unto him: for he [is] thy life, and the length of thy days.” In 1st John He declares the record of His Son. He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself and if we don’t believe it we make God a liar; because we believe not the record of what God gave of his Son.
Here we have some other records but the one in Deuteronomy says that you don’t have to go into the heavens or over the seas for He is in you, even in your heart. We forget the price God paid for our redemption. This is the record in Deuteronomy of Jesus, the Son of God, in us. We don’t have to go overseas; we are blessed here to preach the word of God to receive Jesus into our lives.
Do we really understand who He is? Do we understand what it is to have Jesus living in us? He said you don’t have to go anywhere looking for Him, He is in you. Why do we have a problem with it? It’s because we don’t believe His record! He is the record that God is giving.
We have a more exciting thing coming. I believe Jesus is going to show the world that He is the record to redeem the world, so that through Him the world might be saved. I am excited because I believe we are in a new beginning. The victories in Iraq are a mighty example of the record of His Son. I am ashamed of Christians that can’t stand up and declare God is in America. On our money it records it: In God We Trust. You are making a liar of God.
Does anybody know how many Christians there are in America? Over 90% Christians! What has happened to them? They have made the Lord a liar or else we would not be having evil ruling our country. Righteousness would rule if Christians arose. Maybe they are afraid of getting their heads cut off; but I don’t see that.
Let me go back to the creation. God created man because he had this love to give and nobody to give it to. Do you have the record of the Son in you? Judgment has to begin!
Turn to Isaiah 58:8 “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.”
He says that judgment has to be dealt with before righteousness can come to any nation. What’s happening? We tried to wipe God out of America. Even this judge in San Francisco tried to wipe God off of our pledge of allegiance. Why did he win? Because Christians weren’t doing anything about it! How could he have won if righteousness was in its place in America?
If Americans knew what God gave me when He took me back before creation and showed me the love He had and no one to give it to. The word says, “God is love.” He had no one to give this word to and He gets a bunch of people and they refuse His love. He creates a beautiful man and woman on a beautiful planet where everything is perfect and you say, “There is no God!” Take a look around you! Our hearts ought to be bubbling over for this Living God. Somehow, we need to rise up inside of ourselves for the Living God and His Christ who came to us; because He wanted His love to be in someone.
How much do we appreciate this love when we can’t even be kind one to another, tender hearted, forgiving one another? He gave us this commandment: love one another. Human love stinks! It’s nothing but a battle all the time, day and night. God’s love is pure and it takes no offense. Let’s get rid of the human junk and let Jesus take His place. He’s not going to live in you as long as you are full of junk. He won’t; he can’t. He has to get it out of you so that He can place the holy love in you: which is Him in His love.
Deuteronomy 30 is the record and it is of the Son. We don’t have to go overseas, we don’t have to anywhere, but He is in us. I think we need to give Him glory. I think we get bogged down and forget who Jesus is in the Father.
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. Sometimes we forget there is a world out there and we forget to pray for them. But He says don’t forget this record. In Deuteronomy He was declaring the Son of God; the record that God has sent to this world. This record is of His Son and if we reject it we are making a liar out of God; for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.
When I was reading Deuteronomy the Lord took me to chapter 5. I found the record He was talking about was Jesus and this Jesus living in us. I don’t think we know who He is. I don’t think we could keep our mouths shut if we did. Who is He to us? He is the record that God sent to us: Jesus in us, the hope of glory. We think too much about heaven. We could show the world who Jesus is if we would get out of the way and let him move through us.
What do you think He would do? I think He would come down and feed the hungry; meeting every need, of every person, in these countries we read about. How these poor people go out from North Korea into China and they are sending them back to North Korea to die. Sam went to China for that very purpose of informing them that throwing these North Koreans back into North Korea they will die. 350,000 a year starve to death in North Korea. Do you think God would let that continue? I think North Korea is next on God’s list.
I had 2 Korean friends come to see me day before yesterday; one man has the desire to drop radios by parachute over North Korea and use the Korean language. It costs a lot of money to do this. He hasn’t seen the reality of it yet because he hasn’t had the money. We are going to take it to Washington and see what God is going to do with it.
I felt as I was talking to him, the next challenge is North Korea. I hear what a mighty leadership there is in North Korea; but I know a mightier God than that man is. Where is our faith? If we don’t allow Him to be Savior of the World, we can hinder Him by not acknowledging Him to the world.
Oh, well, Christians get their heads cut off! Jesus is going to declare to the world that He is the record that was sent by God. We can’t deny it. It doesn’t matter what it has been in the past, it is time for us to declare to the world that Jesus is that record that God sent into the world. God is going to show it. One way He is going to show it is in Isaiah 58. Who is going to do it? Jesus! He told one time, “You are the general of this army.” I asked Him, “What army?” He showed me this army.
Some of you might remember a woman who was in a wheelchair then; we had another woman with one leg and then we had Teresa with health problems. The Lord shows me these people that I am the general of. I said, “What any army!” He is a mighty God and we need to declare who Jesus is.
Let me go back to Genesis. Let me tell you my story how the Lord told me about this love He had to give and had no one to give it to, so he created the earth. He placed in Eden a beautiful couple to glorify Him, to bear record of who He was. But their record made a liar of God and down through the centuries man has been making a liar out of God.
But here’s Jesus, He is the record that God has sent. I believe that Jesus is ready to show the world who He is. He tried to use the church but they haven’t done a good job of it at all. It’s this doctrine or that doctrine and all kinds of junk and they forgot the record that was sent by Jesus.
I firmly believe that the time has come to ‘remember ye not the former things neither consider the things of old.’
Isaiah 43:19 “Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.” (They are going to believe the record and they are going to see it come to pass.)
Isaiah 59:14 “And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
15 Yea, truth faileth; and he [that] departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw [it], and it displeased him that [there was] no judgment.
16 And he saw that [there was] no man, and wondered that [there was] no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance [for] clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke. 18 According to [their] deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompence to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompence.
19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21 As for me, this [is] my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that [is]
upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.”
It goes along with Deuteronomy 30 doesn’t it? Isaiah 60:1 says, “Arise, shine for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon thee.” We don’t look like it or act like it! Do we believe it? That record which he gave to us is His son. His son is ready to show the world who He is. It’s time to realize the Light has come.
Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the Lord’s and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King og Glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift [them] up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he [is] the King of glory. Selah.
Rev. Agnes I Numer
May 13, 2003